When most people plan a trip to France, they head to popular destinations like Paris or Nice. However, there are plenty of cities in France, like Nantes, that can definitely hold their own against destinations that are more frequently visited by tourists. Here are five reasons to love Nantes, France (located in the northwestern Bretagne region).
1. The bars and bistros. Nantes has a great casual dining scene. A comfortable ambiance, friendly regulars, a great drink selection and tasty fare that make places like Au Coup de Canon (12, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau), Café Cult and Webb Ellis popular hang-outs.
2. The markets. For fresh fare and unique souvenirs, head to the Marché de Talensac (at Place de Talensac)! This large covered market is open everyday except Monday, and has everything from fresh pastries to candied fruit to herbed olives. Place Viarme Market is the place to go for antiques, handicrafts and cultural curios.
3. The LU factory. The LU is a former cookie factory that’s been converted into an eclectic gathering space that includes a bar, restaurant, concert venue, gallery, and bookstore. For only 2€ you can go up one of the talk towers to take in panoramic views of the city. Check out their website for an up-to-date calendar of events.
4. The natural beauty. Nantes is built on three rivers, the Loire, the Erdre, and the Sèvre. Throughout the city, there are many green spaces (espaces vertes in French) in which many Nantais (inhabitants of Nantes) enjoy spending time outside. To experience the natural beauty of Nantes, take a stroll through the Japanese gardens at Ile de Versaille.
5. The annual festivals. Nantes is a social city, as evidenced by the annual festivals hosted there. One of the most popular is Folle Journée, a classical music festival that explores a different theme each year (it typically takes place in late January/early February). Utopiales is a science fiction festival that draws visitors from all over the world. To find out if a festival will be happening during your visit, click here.
Don't forget to 'Like us' on Facebook!
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Eat This, Not That: Foods to Enjoy (or Avoid) During Your FlightComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
It’s important to eat nutritious foods before taking any flight---whether it’s a short domestic flight or a long international flight. Eating a healthy meal before you board the plane regulates your blood sugar and your digestive system and makes you a healthier, happier traveler. It’s also important to pack healthy snacks to enjoy on the plane (so as to avoid the over-processed and expensive food that most airlines serve) and stay well-hydrated throughout your trip....read more
OneTravel Animal of the Week: The Blue-Footed BoobyComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
From its name to its clumsy waddle on land, the blue-footed booby is a funny creature. Here’s what you need to know about this unique little bird....read more
4 Attractions in Puerto Vallarta For Non-Beach GoersComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Most travelers invade Puerto Vallarta for one reason and one reason only. They want to sit on Puerto Vallarta’s sands and soak up the beach life. While Puerto Vallarta features plenty of relaxing beaches to enjoy for beach goers, non-beach goers don’t need to stay home. Puerto Vallarta offers plenty of attractions for those who prefer to steer clear of the beach. Here are four spots that don’t involve sand in your toes in Puerto Vallarta....read more
5 Excellent Reasons to Drop Everything and Visit Puerto VallartaComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
There are many reasons why Puerto Vallarta remains one of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations. Visiting this balmy, beachy, beautiful, vibrant (did we mention beautiful?) city is a no-brainer. To really drive the point home, we’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to book your flight immediately. With oceans this sparkling and foods this delectable, everything else can wait....read more
How to Quit Your Job and Travel the World + More of This Week's Top StoriesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Seriously considering trading your stuffy cubicle for the mountains of East China or the bamboo groves of Japan? Don’t make your escape without these must-know tips....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.