Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
7 Obscure Historical Terms for Gettin’ LuckyComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Who else is planning to dance the Paphian jig this weekend?...read more
12 Hours in Venice, CaliforniaComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
When I lived in West Hollywood, I frequently drove out to Venice to spend the day. Now that I live in Minnesota, when I go back to California each year, I make sure to build in a day to enjoy my old stomping grounds. There’s so much more to Venice than it’s famous beach. In fact, I usually head inland to Abbott Kinney Boulevard. Here are my recommendations for how to spend twelve hours in Venice....read more
Check Please! How To Ask For The Bill in 13 LanguagesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here is how you can ask for the check in thirteen languages. By knowing how to ask for the bill, you can avoid waiting at your table for hours on end without being given the check....read more
Animal of the Week: Lunita the Three-Fingered SlothComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Our idea of heaven happens to look remarkably like the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, whose mission is to rescue and rehabilitate nature’s most chill creatures. It’s also the place Lunita, an impossibly cute orphaned baby sloth, calls home....read more
Love Is In the Air! ‘She Is Going Places’ On Planning a Vacation for TwoComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Planning a vacation for two can be as seamless as your love. We asked pro wanderer and OneTravel Twitter chat co-host Michele Herrmann of She Is Going Places to share her best tips for an argument-free vacation, favorite cities for couples, and the romantic attractions you can’t afford to miss....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.