Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
The Falling Euro Might Help Your Dream VacationComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Your European vacation may suddenly be more affordable than you thought....read more
The World's Smallest Countries...Maybe.Comments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Judging the 'smallest' nation in the world is surprisingly tricky....read more
Neighborhood Spotlight: Fairfax VillageComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Eat, shop, and be entertained in this hip L.A. district!...read more
5 Essential Wrinkle-Free Packing TipsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
The last thing you want to deal with after a long flight is a wrinkled wardrobe!...read more
Skip the Hippest Lines in Stockholm with the Berns Hotel VIP WristbandComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Get into all the trendiest clubs - just for booking a room!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063