Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
4 Romantic Stops in RomeComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Rome sets the stage for romance with its glowing piazzas, marble monuments and cobblestone streets just begging for couples to walk hand in hand. The Eternal City is always busy romancing all who enter its gates. Whether you are just passing through with a special someone or visiting for an anniversary, Rome comes chock full of starry-eyed attractions. For couples traveling to Rome, you are sure to find amore at these amorous sites in town....read more
Virtual Travel Will Be a Thing in 2024 + More of This Week’s Top Travel StoriesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
It's sort of like "The Matrix", but for people who need a vacation....read more
5 Great Authors to Take with You on Your Next TripComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Text messages, emails, tweets, status updates – when's the last time you read something more than a few paragraphs long and solely for the sheer joy of reading it? Got a long haul flight or some time lounging by the pool lined up? Here are five acclaimed travel authors to keep you company....read more
Viva Italia! 5 Reasons to Drop Everything and Visit RomeComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Rome is called The Eternal City for a reason. This vibrant historical and cultural mecca is visited by millions of wide-eyed tourists each year. If you’re still hesitating over booking that flight, we’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your office and never come back (but please don’t do that). With museums this remarkable and food this drop-dead delicious, everything else can wait....read more
4 Packing Tips for a Truly Happy EasterComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Easter is a popular time to travel, often coinciding with school spring breaks and much needed time away from the office. And as many people will be traveling for the spring holiday, packing for Easter is sometimes akin to walking on eggshells. One false step and you might be hopping to a mall in a mad dash. To eliminate any Easter packing problems, here are four main tips to keep in mind while traveling for this spring holiday....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.