Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
It’s All Greek To Me! 11 Greek Words To MasterComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
While mastering Greek would involve some serious studying of the Greek alphabet, there are several words you can master right off the bat, that will help your travels in Greece....read more
4 Travel-Themed Films to See at Sundance 2015Comments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Sundance Film Festival is on again, bringing Hollywood glamour to an otherwise quiet mountain town in Utah....read more
The Top 3 Places to Visit in SwedenComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here are just three must-see stops for any journey to the land of ice and snow....read more
How To Not Look Like a Tourist in MilanComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Not every tourist blends into this fashion capital. Here are a few ways to make the transition from tourist to local in Milan....read more
5 U.S. Airport Improvements for 2015Comments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
From better transportation to new dining options, here are some of the most impressive improvements in 5 airports across the U.S....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.