Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Royal Childhood Exhibition at Buckingham PalaceComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Buckingham Palace has now opened its State Rooms to visitors for the 2014 summer season. An annual occurrence, the opening presents a excellent opportunity to tour one of the world's few royal palaces that's still in use as a royal residence while taking in the grandeur and living history of Britain's most famous home....read more
5 Things I Learned in MonacoComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
I’ve had the opportunity to visit Monaco several times during my stints living in and traveling around Europe. Here are seven things I learned about this glamorous vacation spot on the French Riviera....read more
Top 10 Most Useful Gadgets for Avid TravelersComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
With your smart phone in hand, and your tablet in your carry-on bag, you're ready to board the airplane for your trip abroad. Are you prepared for the different voltage requirements of your destination country? Do you have an emergency charger in case you're stuck somewhere without power? From adapters to chargers, and more, here are some gadgets that you shouldn't leave home without....read more
4 Fun and Free Museums to Visit in Los AngelesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Many travelers head to Los Angeles with ideas of living large like the celebrities who call the city home. They want to experience that magic of the City of Angels without breaking the bank. However, realistic budgets quickly squash those dreams of living large in Los Angeles. While you might not be able to frequent the shops on Rodeo Drive and spend a small fortune, Los Angeles does offer several fun and free museums you can visit to fill up your time in town....read more
7 Last Minute Secret Summer Destinations To Visit Around The GlobeComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Not all of us are planners when it comes to travel. However, in the summer months, you can’t really afford to wing it. Many hotels are booked up or prices for everything from rental cars to flights are sky high in the go-to vacation destinations around the globe. However, there are many last minute destinations that can sweeten the end of your summer. While these destinations might not be the loudest and most well known, but hey provide much enrichment without too much of cost or crowds....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.