Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Visit the Irish Island Featured in Star WarsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Skellig Micheal is sure to 'awaken' an urge to visit Ireland!...read more
Our Top 10 Posts of 2015: The Best of OneTravelComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Here’s a look at our top 10 posts—offering perennial tips and inspiration to prepare you for your 2016 adventures....read more
Five Ways to Spend the Holiday Season in Vegas, Baby!Comments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Vegas sure knows how to do it up for the holidays. Here are five suggestions for how to spend this season in Sin City....read more
Denver: Top 5 Reasons Why Frosty the Snowman Loves To Vacation HereComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
3 of the Oldest Synagogues in the WorldComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
In celebration of Hanukkah, let's take a look at some of the oldest, still functioning synagogues in the world!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063