Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
5 Scan-tastic Reasons to Visit Sweden's Koster IslandsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
About a month back I had the pleasure of visiting the Koster Islands, Sweden's most westerly populated (if only sparsely) islands. Just south of the Norwegian coast, it’s a rugged and beautiful part of the world and a great place to “get away from it all” without having to give up on any creature comforts....read more
October is National Poetry Month in Great BritainComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Throughout the month of October, Great Britain celebrates historic and contemporary poets. Founded in 2000, National Poetry Month kicks off on National Poetry Day, which is typically held on the first Thursday of October (this year it was October 2nd). The festivities continue all month long with poetry readings, book releases, library events, and educational opportunities....read more
4 Movie Travel Destinations to Visit in EuropeComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
While being a couch potato, curling up with a bowl of popcorn and a film featuring far away locales has it perks, moviegoers can truly step into the screen by visiting those film locations in person. In particular, Europe tends to make for a pretty backdrop for film and also for adventuring. Here are four film locales where you can play the part of actor or actress all while traveling through some Europe’s most appealing destinations....read more
4 Great Blogs for Travel Tech TipsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
What's the best gear, app, camera, tablet, SIM card etc for your particular style of travel? I dunno. But maybe one of these bloggers can steer you in the right direction. Here's a list of five of the world's best blogs to read for the latest travel tech tips and trends....read more
Help, I Need Somebody! How To Say Help in 15 LanguagesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Travel can be enriching, fun and truly life changing. However, it can also lead to some sticky situations. Should trouble befall your travels, be sure to master shouting, “Help!” in these 15 different languages....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.