Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Follow Scotland's Historic Malt Whisky TrailComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
The world famous and one of a kind Malt Whisky Trail in Scotland passes through seven Speyside working distilleries, as well as a historic distillery and Britain's only cooperage. Though hardly inclusive of the numerous distilleries in the Speyside area, the trailserves as an excellent spine through the region. Indeed, any visit to all of the venues along this stretch of green Scottish countryside would result in plenty of knowledge about a Scottish and a wealth of memories....read more
Spotlight on Spain: FlamencoComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
One of my most memorable evenings in another country was the one I spent in a flamenco club in Granada. Everything about the performance captivated me, from the intricate guitar melodies to the expressive vocalizations to the precise hand movements and declarative stomps of the dancers. Flamenco is an extremely rich and captivating part of Spanish culture....read more
Stay, See, Savor: 24 Hours in AustinComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
A dynamic and eclectic city that is steeped in history, Austin is one of the true gems of Texas. You’ll definitely want to spend more than twenty-four hours here, but if that’s all you’ve got, here are my suggestions for where to stay, what to see, and what to savor....read more
5 Big Exhibitions in London NowComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
This week sees the annual Frieze Art Fair descend upon London. With it comes a scope of art related activities and satellite events across town with some of London's best known galleries taking advantage of this time of heightened buzz to put on their biggest shows of the year. Here's a list of five of the biggest exhibitions around town that are on now and well worth checking out....read more
4 Travel Lessons Learned From Christopher Columbus’ MistakesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Before you set sail on your own travels of discovery, be sure to keep these travel lessons in mind, all learned from the mistakes of Columbus. He might have sailed the ocean blue, but he didn’t always go about travel in the best of ways....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.