Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Three Festive Mardi Gras Outfit Ideas for Every EventComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Mardi Gras is upon us, and the only thing worse than not celebrating at all is to be caught in your usual jeans-and-tee combo. From office-chic cardigan sweaters to masks worthy of any masquerade ball, there’s no shortage of Shrove Tuesday apparel and accessories to help you break convention. Whether you’re powering through your 9 to 5 in New York or hitting the parade route in New Orleans, we’ve got an outfit idea for you. All hail the green, purple, and gold!...read more
Four Essential Pet-Friendly Amenities To Howl About at Your HotelComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
When the average traveler looks for a place to stay on the road, a hotel’s amenities can sway the pendulum toward that property versus another. The same can be said of pet friendly hotels. If you are traveling with Fido, you need to look out for amenities suiting not just your stay but also your pet’s stay. A lot of hotels stamp “pet-friendly” on their amenities list, without detailing the specifics. Other hotels outline a laundry list of amenities offered for pets. Regardless, pet owners looking to travel with their furry friends should be on the lookout for these pet friendly amenities....read more
5 Tips for a Seamless Destination WeddingComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
You’re tying the knot with your dream partner in your dream destination. Perfect, right? Not so fast! The reality is, a whole lot of hard work goes behind planning a destination wedding. To reap the rewards of jet setting across the globe for your big day (the stunning photos alone will be worth the trouble), here are five planning tips so you can get it right the first –and hopefully only– time....read more
London’s First Cat Café + More of This Week’s Top Travel StoriesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
The ingenious cat lovers behind Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium know that one is never enough. Tomorrow, Londoners will finally have a chance to fawn over too many irresistibly fluffy kittens to count. Purrfect!...read more
Four Things to Keep in Mind When Flying with a ToddlerComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Traveling with a toddler can be a harrowing experience. It can also be rewarding and fun (yes, fun!). Here are four things to keep in mind when flying with your wee one to make the experience as good as possible....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.