Located on the left bank, Paris’ 5th arrondissement is known among locals as a foodie haven. One of the most popular spots in the 5th is Rue Mouffetard, an ancient Roman street that now attracts both locals and culinary travelers looking for some of the best food shops in Paris.
Get off at Métro stop Page Monge and start your exploration at Place de la Contrescarpe before heading up rue Mouffetard to discover a variety of restaurants, shops, and cafés.
There is a daily open-air market on the opposite end of the street at Place Saint-Médard. Whatever you do in between Place de la Contrescarpe and Place Saint-Médard, don’t miss these five stops:
• Oroyana (36 Rue Mouffetard) serves some of the most delicious, freshest crêpes in the city (try the classic Nutella or the flambéed Grand Marnier).
• The cheese selection at the historic Crémerie Quatrehomme — La Maison du Fromage (118 Rue Mouffetard) will surely blow your mind. From creamy Camembert to strong Roquefort, they have it all (and, if you’re polite, they will let you taste it before committing to a full wedge).
• If you’re in the mood for a sit-down meal, La Contrescarpe (57 Rue Lacépède) restaurant serves an excellent traditional salade niçoise (mixed greens, a sliced hard-boiled egg, black olives, anchovies, tuna and boiled potatoes served with traditional vinaigrette) that is best paired with a traditional kir (dry white wine and a drop of cassis liquor).
• Due to France’s large Persian and Lebanese populations, there are plenty of excellent Middle Eastern restaurants to be found throughout the city. One of the best is Colbeh (22 Rue Mouffetard).
• A trip to Rue Mouffetard would just not be complete without a stop at Gelato d’Alberti (45, Rue Mouffetard) an Italian ice cream shop that serves stunning multi-flavor cones in the shape of a large flower.
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
5 Unique Airports Around The WorldComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
On paper, an airport is a humdrum place. Countless travelers pass through airports each and every day. While some of these crossroads on the map are as one would expect, others are much more than containers of grouchy passengers, bad food and countless magazine stands. From out-there runways to terminals just for royalty, here are a few of the world’s most unique airports....read more
3 Affordable Cameras To Take on Your Next TripComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
In order to remember your travels, you must either possess a steel trap of a mind or a nice camera. Some travelers lug around bulky and large DSLR cameras to take the very best photographs of their travels. Others merely pull out their smartphones and concede their phone takes “good enough” photographs for travel. However, if you fall somewhere in the middle in that you want to take high quality photographs on your worldly adventures but you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg to do so, there are a number of cameras on the market that can capture those travel memories without costing the price of a small vacation....read more
Foodie Friday: Italian Gelato RecipeComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
You don’t have to trek to Rome for a serving (or two) of the cold, creamy goodness known as gelato. Bring the taste of Italy to your dessert table with this simple recipe....read more
A Unique Jewelry Collector’s Guide to New YorkComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
One of my favorite things to do when visiting the Big Apple is to splurge on unique, stunning jewelry pieces. It’s no secret that New York boasts a robust independent jewelry design scene, which bodes well for discerning collectors like myself. Here are my top five suggestions for where to get your adornment on in NYC....read more
Ai Weiwei at Lisson Gallery, LondonComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Just announced are the details of an upcoming exhibition by firebrand artist, Ai Weiwei, at London's renowned Lisson Gallery....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.