The Philippines’ capital city was dubbed “The Paris of the East” for a reason. From its stunning sunsets to its rich cultural history, Manila is an obvious travel choice. We’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your grey and white cubicle and never look back.
1. The unforgettably stunning sunsets. Caution: Googling ‘Manila sunsets’ is a dangerous thing to do, especially if you’re planning on being productive within the next five hours.
2. The San Augustin Cathedral. The definition of breathtaking, this Roman Catholic cathedral was dubbed a National Historical Landmark in 1976.
3. The Manila Ocean Park. This hotel-restaurant-spa-aquarium experience proves that wetter is better. You may not actually sprout a mermaid tail, but you’ll come pretty darn close. Click here for park information.
4. The Aliwan Fiesta. Throngs of gifted dancers, musicians, and artisans converge to celebrate Manila’s vibrant culture with lively colors and blinding smiles. Click here for a full festival schedule.
5. Rizal Park’s fountain show. Manila's sprawling Rizal Park is a favorite leisure spot for locals and tourists alike. Plus, its daily fountain show (8 to 10 a.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.) is a sight to behold –and it’s free. Who could argue with that?
Photo 1, 2, 3, 4
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Celebrate iPod’s Birthday with the Ultimate Travel PlaylistComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Ever ‘built’ a perfect playlist for a vacation or road trip? Here’s a quick list of classic songs with epic ‘road lyrics’ to add to the mix and help you get in the mood for your next big adventure....read more
5 Essential Tips To Make Languages Easier To LearnComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
If you are struggling with learning a language or just thinking about picking up a new language, be sure you practice these five tips to make learning a little easier....read more
Heathrow Airport: Some Facts and FiguresComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Heathrow – it’s the airport I’m most apt to fly in and out of. Considering how much time I spend there, I thought it might be worthwhile to learn a bit more about the place. So, I took a moment to dig around online for some Heathrow facts and figures. Here’s a list of some of the more interesting bits of trivia I discovered....read more
European Politeness! How To Say ‘Please’ All Over EuropeComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Just as your mother probably taught you, being polite can go a long way, especially if you are traveling a long way around Europe. Before you take off, be sure you know how to say please all around the continent....read more
An Unusual Cup of Joe: 4 Unique Coffee Shops To Get Your Caffeine FixComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
From coffee houses that are part bicycle shop to those that infuse their coffee with Coca-Cola or shut off the Wi-Fi, here are four unique coffee shops across the country to get your caffeine fix....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.