The Philippines’ capital city was dubbed “The Paris of the East” for a reason. From its stunning sunsets to its rich cultural history, Manila is an obvious travel choice. We’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your grey and white cubicle and never look back.
1. The unforgettably stunning sunsets. Caution: Googling ‘Manila sunsets’ is a dangerous thing to do, especially if you’re planning on being productive within the next five hours.
2. The San Augustin Cathedral. The definition of breathtaking, this Roman Catholic cathedral was dubbed a National Historical Landmark in 1976.
3. The Manila Ocean Park. This hotel-restaurant-spa-aquarium experience proves that wetter is better. You may not actually sprout a mermaid tail, but you’ll come pretty darn close. Click here for park information.
4. The Aliwan Fiesta. Throngs of gifted dancers, musicians, and artisans converge to celebrate Manila’s vibrant culture with lively colors and blinding smiles. Click here for a full festival schedule.
5. Rizal Park’s fountain show. Manila's sprawling Rizal Park is a favorite leisure spot for locals and tourists alike. Plus, its daily fountain show (8 to 10 a.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.) is a sight to behold –and it’s free. Who could argue with that?
Photo 1, 2, 3, 4
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
7 'Parks and Recreation' Locations You Can Visit in Real LifeComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Fans of the hit NBC show Parks and Recreation have been eagerly awaiting the final season since last April. With season 6 ending in a surprising (no spoilers) flash forward, every one wants to know - What will happen to Leslie Knope?! Unfortunately, there still well over a month until any of us can find out. If the anticipation is too much for you, and you have some vacation days to use up anyway, why not take a trip to Southern California to tour the real life locations of the fictional, Pawnee, Indiana?...read more
How To Say 'Merry Christmas' Around The WorldComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Just in time for Christmas, here’s how to say Merry Christmas in 16 different languages spanning all around the globe....read more
Travel Footwear for Women: 3 Tried & True FavoritesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Choosing footwear for trips can be challenging. Of course, bringing the right gear to keep your feet comfortable depends on what you plan on doing during the trip and the climate of the place you’ll be staying. In addition to any “specialty” shoe I might need (hiking boots, for example), I always bring comfortable and versatile footwear that won’t slow me down. One suggestion I always give is to wear your travel shoes a lot before you leave to make sure that they are broken in and comfortable for your trip. Here are three types of shoes that have served me well over my years of traveling....read more
The World’s 6 Most Christmassy DestinationsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here are six destinations where it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Each would make an excellent place to find yourself during the holiday season and would yield so many rich experiences along with a lifetime of memories....read more
5 Ways to Make Traveling with Your Teenager Easier on EveryoneComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here are a few keys tips on making your 13- to 18-year-old actually have fun on vacation (so you can too):...read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.