Rome is called The Eternal City for a reason. This vibrant historical and cultural mecca is visited by millions of wide-eyed tourists each year. If you’re still hesitating over booking that flight, we’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your office and never come back (but please don’t do that). With museums this remarkable and food this drop-dead delicious, everything else can wait.
1. The food. Italian food is the best. It just is. Tell me you don’t want to devour this bowl of pasta right now.
2. The fashion. Gucci, Valentino, and Armani are the only men I’ll ever need. Milan may be Italy’s fashion hub, but Rome has no shortage of style-savvy denizens.
3. The churches. Boasting over 900 churches, one could say that Rome is livin’ on a prayer. Millions of them, for that matter.
4. The history. The Coliseum. The Trevi Fountain. The Pantheon. It’s pretty much your duty to journey to the birthplace of civilization.
5. The art galleries and museums. The Eternal City isn’t short on culture. There are dozens of museums in Rome, including one dedicated entirely to horse-drawn carriages.
Photos: Nick Papakyriazis, Atilla2008, mwgoh08, robertsladeuk
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
It's a G'Day, Mate! January 26th is Australia Day!Comments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
January 26th is Australia Day the official national day of Australia. The day commemorates the anniversary of Britain’s First Fleet arriving at Port Jackson (which includes Sydney Harbour) in 1788....read more
Are You a Thrill Seeker? Ride The World’s Biggest, Baddest Roller Coasters!Comments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here are some truly hair-raising, scream inducing rollercoasters to seek out on the planet....read more
Japan’s Wakakusa Yamayaki FestivalComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
On the 4th Saturday January, the 1,122ft Mount Wakakusa, located in Nara, Japan, is set ablaze during the Wakakusa Yamayaki Festival....read more
It’s All Greek To Me! 11 Greek Words To MasterComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
While mastering Greek would involve some serious studying of the Greek alphabet, there are several words you can master right off the bat, that will help your travels in Greece....read more
4 Travel-Themed Films to See at Sundance 2015Comments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Sundance Film Festival is on again, bringing Hollywood glamour to an otherwise quiet mountain town in Utah....read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063