Rome is called The Eternal City for a reason. This vibrant historical and cultural mecca is visited by millions of wide-eyed tourists each year. If you’re still hesitating over booking that flight, we’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your office and never come back (but please don’t do that). With museums this remarkable and food this drop-dead delicious, everything else can wait.
1. The food. Italian food is the best. It just is. Tell me you don’t want to devour this bowl of pasta right now.
2. The fashion. Gucci, Valentino, and Armani are the only men I’ll ever need. Milan may be Italy’s fashion hub, but Rome has no shortage of style-savvy denizens.
3. The churches. Boasting over 900 churches, one could say that Rome is livin’ on a prayer. Millions of them, for that matter.
4. The history. The Coliseum. The Trevi Fountain. The Pantheon. It’s pretty much your duty to journey to the birthplace of civilization.
5. The art galleries and museums. The Eternal City isn’t short on culture. There are dozens of museums in Rome, including one dedicated entirely to horse-drawn carriages.
Photos: Nick Papakyriazis, Atilla2008, mwgoh08, robertsladeuk
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Fighting For Overhead Space? Boeing Upgrades to Roomy Bins on 737sComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Look forward to more space, less fighting, fewer baggage fees and more timely take-offs!...read more
4 Sites to Visit for South Africa's Freedom DayComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Celebrate Freedom Day at these historic landmarks....read more
Win a Backpack from Outdoor Products Just for Chatting with Us!Comments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Join the OneTravel Chat on 4/30 for your chance to win!...read more
4 Places to Celebrate World Penguin DayComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Where in the world you can celebrate with everyone's favorite well-dressed birds!...read more
4 Free Tours to Try in SeattleComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Get an insider view of the Emerald City, without spending a dime!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063