Rome is called The Eternal City for a reason. This vibrant historical and cultural mecca is visited by millions of wide-eyed tourists each year. If you’re still hesitating over booking that flight, we’ve gathered five photos that’ll make you want to walk out of your office and never come back (but please don’t do that). With museums this remarkable and food this drop-dead delicious, everything else can wait.
1. The food. Italian food is the best. It just is. Tell me you don’t want to devour this bowl of pasta right now.
2. The fashion. Gucci, Valentino, and Armani are the only men I’ll ever need. Milan may be Italy’s fashion hub, but Rome has no shortage of style-savvy denizens.
3. The churches. Boasting over 900 churches, one could say that Rome is livin’ on a prayer. Millions of them, for that matter.
4. The history. The Coliseum. The Trevi Fountain. The Pantheon. It’s pretty much your duty to journey to the birthplace of civilization.
5. The art galleries and museums. The Eternal City isn’t short on culture. There are dozens of museums in Rome, including one dedicated entirely to horse-drawn carriages.
Photos: Nick Papakyriazis, Atilla2008, mwgoh08, robertsladeuk
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
14 Italian Gelato Flavors You Need To Know Before You VisitComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Your guide to proper ordering at la gelateria....read more
4 Historic U.S. Drive-Thru RestaurantsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Celebrate National Drive-Thru Day all weekend at these classic locations!...read more
6 Great Reasons to Visit Italy This SummerComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
As if you needed yet another reason to visit one of Europe’s most beautiful, history and delicious countries!...read more
Your Guide To Visiting India’s Valley of the FlowersComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
This beautiful site is well worth the time it takes to get there....read more
6 Annual Festivals to Check Out in DenverComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Whether you love jazz, art, dance or food, Denver has something great to offer, all year 'round!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063