Hawaii’s capital city is so much more than palm trees, sand, and coconuts. Equipped with these seven facts, you’ll impress Honolulu’s savviest residents.
1. Aloha, Hawaii –or should we say Honolulu? The city continues to serve as Hawaii’s number one tourist destination.
2. With over 100 surrounding beaches to choose from (that's more than nearly every other city across the globe), it’s not hard to see why vacation-seekers flock to Honolulu.
3. In addition to soaking up the sun, visitors to Honolulu can embark on their path to Nirvana in one of the city’s more than 30 Buddhist temples –one of the largest concentrations in the West.
4. Bone-chilling gusts? Not in these parts! Typical Honolulu temperatures range from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. We’d be red with envy if we weren’t so darn cold.
5. At 1,500 miles long, Honolulu is really, really big. To put that into perspective, it’s “more distance than halfway across the 48 contiguous states.”
6. Music lovers, take note: The Honolulu Symphony, conceived in 1900, is one of the oldest in America.
7. Honolulu means “sheltered bay” in Hawaiian.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Visit the Irish Island Featured in Star WarsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Skellig Micheal is sure to 'awaken' an urge to visit Ireland!...read more
Our Top 10 Posts of 2015: The Best of OneTravelComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Here’s a look at our top 10 posts—offering perennial tips and inspiration to prepare you for your 2016 adventures....read more
Five Ways to Spend the Holiday Season in Vegas, Baby!Comments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Vegas sure knows how to do it up for the holidays. Here are five suggestions for how to spend this season in Sin City....read more
Denver: Top 5 Reasons Why Frosty the Snowman Loves To Vacation HereComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
3 of the Oldest Synagogues in the WorldComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
In celebration of Hanukkah, let's take a look at some of the oldest, still functioning synagogues in the world!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063