Hawaii’s capital city is so much more than palm trees, sand, and coconuts. Equipped with these seven facts, you’ll impress Honolulu’s savviest residents.
1. Aloha, Hawaii –or should we say Honolulu? The city continues to serve as Hawaii’s number one tourist destination.
2. With over 100 surrounding beaches to choose from (that's more than nearly every other city across the globe), it’s not hard to see why vacation-seekers flock to Honolulu.
3. In addition to soaking up the sun, visitors to Honolulu can embark on their path to Nirvana in one of the city’s more than 30 Buddhist temples –one of the largest concentrations in the West.
4. Bone-chilling gusts? Not in these parts! Typical Honolulu temperatures range from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. We’d be red with envy if we weren’t so darn cold.
5. At 1,500 miles long, Honolulu is really, really big. To put that into perspective, it’s “more distance than halfway across the 48 contiguous states.”
6. Music lovers, take note: The Honolulu Symphony, conceived in 1900, is one of the oldest in America.
7. Honolulu means “sheltered bay” in Hawaiian.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Kid-Friendly Las VegasComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Believe it or not, there really is something for everyone in Vegas!...read more
How To Score Free Travel in 4 Effortless StepsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Loyal customers and savvy shoppers take note!...read more
4 Reasons You To Make San Juan Your Next DestinationComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
The beaches, the history, the nightlife and the nature of this amazing Puerto Rican capital!...read more
5 Reasons to Visit Cape Breton IslandComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Guest author Bee Mandelberg takes you on a trip through this Nova Scotian getaway destination!...read more
4 Nashville Experiences That Don’t Involve MusicComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Even if they don't have a country-music twang, these must-dos are so very Nashville!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063