Hawaii’s capital city is so much more than palm trees, sand, and coconuts. Equipped with these seven facts, you’ll impress Honolulu’s savviest residents.
1. Aloha, Hawaii –or should we say Honolulu? The city continues to serve as Hawaii’s number one tourist destination.
2. With over 100 surrounding beaches to choose from (that's more than nearly every other city across the globe), it’s not hard to see why vacation-seekers flock to Honolulu.
3. In addition to soaking up the sun, visitors to Honolulu can embark on their path to Nirvana in one of the city’s more than 30 Buddhist temples –one of the largest concentrations in the West.
4. Bone-chilling gusts? Not in these parts! Typical Honolulu temperatures range from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. We’d be red with envy if we weren’t so darn cold.
5. At 1,500 miles long, Honolulu is really, really big. To put that into perspective, it’s “more distance than halfway across the 48 contiguous states.”
6. Music lovers, take note: The Honolulu Symphony, conceived in 1900, is one of the oldest in America.
7. Honolulu means “sheltered bay” in Hawaiian.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Check Please! How To Ask For The Bill in 13 LanguagesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here is how you can ask for the check in thirteen languages. By knowing how to ask for the bill, you can avoid waiting at your table for hours on end without being given the check....read more
Animal of the Week: Lunita the Three-Fingered SlothComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Our idea of heaven happens to look remarkably like the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica, whose mission is to rescue and rehabilitate nature’s most chill creatures. It’s also the place Lunita, an impossibly cute orphaned baby sloth, calls home....read more
Love Is In the Air! ‘She Is Going Places’ On Planning a Vacation for TwoComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Planning a vacation for two can be as seamless as your love. We asked pro wanderer and OneTravel Twitter chat co-host Michele Herrmann of She Is Going Places to share her best tips for an argument-free vacation, favorite cities for couples, and the romantic attractions you can’t afford to miss....read more
4 Munich Budget Savers to Pack in Your LederhosenComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Munich can drain a wallet faster than a twenty something can glug down that liter beer at Oktoberfest. Travelers shouldn’t write off Munich or pass it by on the autobahn due to cost. Here are a few very simple yet substantial budget savers to put in place on your visit to Munich....read more
5 Sensational Blogs about Los AngelesComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Los Angeles is a fantastic city but unless you know it well can prove a heck of a tough one to explore. Why just stick to the beach and major attractions when there's so much more to see and do? Here are six blogs about LA and by Angelinos to help you make the most of your visit to La La Land! For this list I tried to look past the many big media blogs and all the gossipy celebrity obsessed sites and really try to focus on blogs that offer the best insider perspective for folks visiting from out of town. I hope you find these blogs to be fun and useful reads!...read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.