Hawaii’s capital city is so much more than palm trees, sand, and coconuts. Equipped with these seven facts, you’ll impress Honolulu’s savviest residents.
1. Aloha, Hawaii –or should we say Honolulu? The city continues to serve as Hawaii’s number one tourist destination.
2. With over 100 surrounding beaches to choose from (that's more than nearly every other city across the globe), it’s not hard to see why vacation-seekers flock to Honolulu.
3. In addition to soaking up the sun, visitors to Honolulu can embark on their path to Nirvana in one of the city’s more than 30 Buddhist temples –one of the largest concentrations in the West.
4. Bone-chilling gusts? Not in these parts! Typical Honolulu temperatures range from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. We’d be red with envy if we weren’t so darn cold.
5. At 1,500 miles long, Honolulu is really, really big. To put that into perspective, it’s “more distance than halfway across the 48 contiguous states.”
6. Music lovers, take note: The Honolulu Symphony, conceived in 1900, is one of the oldest in America.
7. Honolulu means “sheltered bay” in Hawaiian.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
5 Private Hideaways Where You Can Escape the WorldComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
As fun as a city break or a vacation at some all-inclusive resort can be, sometimes the best destinations are those private hideaways off the beaten path. Here’s a look at five travel options – four islands and one boat – for avoiding the maddening crowd....read more
7 'Parks and Recreation' Locations You Can Visit in Real LifeComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Fans of the hit NBC show Parks and Recreation have been eagerly awaiting the final season since last April. With season 6 ending in a surprising (no spoilers) flash forward, every one wants to know - What will happen to Leslie Knope?! Unfortunately, there still well over a month until any of us can find out. If the anticipation is too much for you, and you have some vacation days to use up anyway, why not take a trip to Southern California to tour the real life locations of the fictional, Pawnee, Indiana?...read more
How To Say 'Merry Christmas' Around The WorldComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Just in time for Christmas, here’s how to say Merry Christmas in 16 different languages spanning all around the globe....read more
Travel Footwear for Women: 3 Tried & True FavoritesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Choosing footwear for trips can be challenging. Of course, bringing the right gear to keep your feet comfortable depends on what you plan on doing during the trip and the climate of the place you’ll be staying. In addition to any “specialty” shoe I might need (hiking boots, for example), I always bring comfortable and versatile footwear that won’t slow me down. One suggestion I always give is to wear your travel shoes a lot before you leave to make sure that they are broken in and comfortable for your trip. Here are three types of shoes that have served me well over my years of traveling....read more
The World’s 6 Most Christmassy DestinationsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Here are six destinations where it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Each would make an excellent place to find yourself during the holiday season and would yield so many rich experiences along with a lifetime of memories....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.