Hawaii’s capital city is so much more than palm trees, sand, and coconuts. Equipped with these seven facts, you’ll impress Honolulu’s savviest residents.
1. Aloha, Hawaii –or should we say Honolulu? The city continues to serve as Hawaii’s number one tourist destination.
2. With over 100 surrounding beaches to choose from (that's more than nearly every other city across the globe), it’s not hard to see why vacation-seekers flock to Honolulu.
3. In addition to soaking up the sun, visitors to Honolulu can embark on their path to Nirvana in one of the city’s more than 30 Buddhist temples –one of the largest concentrations in the West.
4. Bone-chilling gusts? Not in these parts! Typical Honolulu temperatures range from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. We’d be red with envy if we weren’t so darn cold.
5. At 1,500 miles long, Honolulu is really, really big. To put that into perspective, it’s “more distance than halfway across the 48 contiguous states.”
6. Music lovers, take note: The Honolulu Symphony, conceived in 1900, is one of the oldest in America.
7. Honolulu means “sheltered bay” in Hawaiian.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Kid-Friendly KingstonComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Bring the whole family to these great Jamaican locations!...read more
A Guide to London Heathrow Airport’s 5 (Soon to be 4) TerminalsComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Do you know your way around Europe's busiest airport?...read more
3 Log Cabins You Can Visit Where Lincoln LivedComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Visit these national landmarks in Kentucky!...read more
3 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do in Fort LauderdaleComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
This amazing location is so much more than just perfect beach weather!...read more
15 Useful Travel Phrases in CroatianComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Learn some basics of this tricky language before you travel!...read more
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2015 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #602785938, Florida: SOT #ST38063