Hawaii’s capital city is so much more than palm trees, sand, and coconuts. Equipped with these seven facts, you’ll impress Honolulu’s savviest residents.
1. Aloha, Hawaii –or should we say Honolulu? The city continues to serve as Hawaii’s number one tourist destination.
2. With over 100 surrounding beaches to choose from (that's more than nearly every other city across the globe), it’s not hard to see why vacation-seekers flock to Honolulu.
3. In addition to soaking up the sun, visitors to Honolulu can embark on their path to Nirvana in one of the city’s more than 30 Buddhist temples –one of the largest concentrations in the West.
4. Bone-chilling gusts? Not in these parts! Typical Honolulu temperatures range from 50 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. We’d be red with envy if we weren’t so darn cold.
5. At 1,500 miles long, Honolulu is really, really big. To put that into perspective, it’s “more distance than halfway across the 48 contiguous states.”
6. Music lovers, take note: The Honolulu Symphony, conceived in 1900, is one of the oldest in America.
7. Honolulu means “sheltered bay” in Hawaiian.
Source 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Get new posts delivered by email:
Top Travel Deals on RSS
Oops! How To Say You’re Sorry in 12 LanguagesComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
Being a traveler can have its downfalls, like when you offend someone in another language and have no idea how to apologize. To avoid offending those as you travel or to make up for a mistake, here’s how to properly say, “I’m sorry” in 12 different languages. Manners can go a long way in any language....read more
New Distillery Tours in LouisianaComments: 1Rating: 0 / 0
Thirsty for a taste of something local in Louisiana? Two new distilleries in south Louisiana have recently started to offer tours of their facilities along with onsite tastings of their products made with Louisiana ingredients, and a third distillery is under construction with the promise of plenty more tours and tastings to come. Here's a look at this newbie trio of Lousiana distilleries bringing traditional spirit production back to the Deep South....read more
4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy You’re MissingComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
There are plenty of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy that are less visited. If you want to have a few of these wonders to yourself or even just to share with a handful of people, be sure to head to these four sites with UNESCO’s stamp of approval that aren’t as famous as the rest....read more
The 4 Apps I Use Most for Getting around LondonComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
When visiting a new city, do you ever wonder what apps the locals use to get around? Here's a look at four apps that I use most often when moving around London. All are available to download for free....read more
Winging It: 4 Tips For Surviving The Costs of Last Minute TravelComments: 0Rating: 0 / 0
I spent the past three months traveling around Europe and I planned all of two weeks of my trip before I left. To say that I was traveling last minute and without concrete plans is an understatement. While last minute and spontaneous travel can be exciting, it can also be a budget’s worst nightmare. While I had to fork over a considerable amount more of my budget due to my lack of advanced planning, I did learn a few ways to survive the costs of last minute travel....read more
California: CST #2090295-40, Nevada: SOT #2007-0081, Iowa: SOT #883, Washington: SOT #6027859380010001
Some of the content posted herein are the views and opinions of the individual blogger's and do not represent the views and opinions of OneTravel. It may be the case that OneTravel is partnering with a particular travel supplier mentioned in a blog post, however, all views and opinions expressed herein by parties other then OneTravel are by the respective bloggers.
© 2014 W K Travel, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright for all material appearing on this website is owned by W K Travel, Inc. Persons accessing this website are authorized to view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any other use of this material is restricted to non-commercial purposes and must include this copyright notice.
W K Travel Inc. owns the following Trademarks and Servicemarks appearing on this website:
OneTravel, OneTravel.com, and 1Travel. Trademarks and servicemarks for all other products and services appearing on this website are the trademarks and servicemarks of their respective owners.